It's Never Too Late: Throwback

8:10:00 AM




I had been contemplating starting this blog for some time, probably since beginning of 2015 if not end of 2014. But as I mentioned in my first blog, cause of procrastination and the many reasons I gave myself why I couldn’t start yet, I didn’t. For the most part I was thinking about options of what to write about, the name of my blogging site (finally decided a name after this second post, LOL), which blogging site to use, when to start, money to get things like a good camera for my photos (I'm actually using a phone for photos now), how to start, if I really want to do it and the list goes on.

As you might agree, I was thinking to myself I was preparing and these are things I needed to take into consideration. But I was not really digging deep into those thoughts. I wasn't making any progress. I believe preparation without progress amounts to nothing as preparation without execution is pointless. My thought process might have taken too long to the point where this idea was now like the waves of an ocean. You know how the waves can be strong at times and just die down other times.

All the while some events I could have shared here just passed by. Now since I decided to take advantage of the wave while it was still pushing & strong to start my blog, here’s to a throwback event.

Living in Malaysia l encounter and have relations/friendships with multi-cultural people. A friend and former colleague had a wedding in August 2015. I was privileged to attend her Indian wedding. For the first time I got to see one aspect of the traditional Indian culture. From the engagement ceremony, to the lovely scenery beach wedding ceremony and the exquisite, tear-dropping wedding reception. I say tear-dropping cause they are just the sweetest couple, from their captivating pre-wedding photo shoot display to their fairy-tale Dubsmash of ‘Frozen’ Love is an open door video. All these the engagement, wedding ceremony and reception were on different days by the way.

Ceremony Seating at the beach

That’s one thing to add to my things learnt in 2015, that’s weddings are generally expensive, but traditional Indian weddings got to leave your pocket crying (might be wrong). Sarees (Indian traditional attire) are beautiful, plus dream come true I got to wear one and learnt how to tie it, well kinda. One last thing, I got to ‘pluck and wash the mango’, that’s how to dance Indian style.



Beautiful Reception Decor

The Newlyweds..

The last photos are their wedding and pre-wedding professional photos. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts